Rules and Guidelines
- A current Gardner-Webb ID is required for use of all activity areas.
- Food and drinks are permitted in the game room and lounge. Water in a closed plastic container may be taken to other activities areas.
- IPods and other MP3 players must be used with headphones.
- Gardner-Webb University policies on illegal substances will be strictly enforced.
- Wellness Center Staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Athletic equipment and other fitness equipment may be checked out by exchanging current Gardner-Webb ID which is returned when the equipment is brought back.
- Anyone abusing equipment or machines will be assessed a fine to recover the damages.
- Suttle Wellness Center staff members are authorized to respond to situations that may arise in order to keep the Suttle Wellness Center a clean and safe environment.
- No verbal abuse will be tolerated while in the facility.
- Tennis shoes and T-Shirts must be worn at all times while in the facility. Sports bras and halter tops are not permitted.
- All Suttle Wellness Center users are expected to be responsible, courteous and safety conscious at all times. All users who disregard the policy will be asked to leave the facility.
All facility questions should be directed to Brian Arnold, the Assistant Director of Student Activities.
Spouses of Faculty and Staff
Spouses of faculty and staff may use the SWC, but they must obtain a University ID card. Faculty and staff must visit the Human Resource Office with their spouse to obtain their University ID card.
Children of Faculty and Staff
Children over the age of 16 may use the Free Weight Room, Cardio Room, Aerobics Room, and the Game Room in SWC. The GWU Faculty/Staff member and his/her 16+ child must visit the Human Resource Office to obtain their personal University ID card. The child does not have to be accompanied by the parent or guardian, but must adhere to all the rules and regulations related to use of the Center.
Faculty or staff member’s children under the age of 16 are only allowed to use the game room and Bost Gym and must be accompanied/supervised by the faculty or staff member at all times. The faculty or staff member may supervise no more than three children to include their children.
All children must be signed in and provide an immediate contact number. Faculty and staff are not allowed to use the facility for group or team functions.
Each GWU ID Card bearer is allowed one guest per visit. Guests must be accompanied by the faculty, staff, or student host while utilizing the facility. Guests under the age of 16 may only use the game room and Bost Gym. All guests must be signed in by their host.
Fitness classes are typically offered Sunday – Thursday. Classes are free of charge. Schedules can be found on the Campus Recreation web site and also at the front desk in the Suttle Wellness Center.
Locker Room Facilities
Men’s and women’s locker room facilities are located off the floor of Bost gym. Locker rooms have changing facilities, rest rooms, lockers, and showers. Lockers are free of charge, but you must provide your own lock. Gardner-Webb University is not responsible for lost or stolen items. The Suttle Wellness Center does not have a towel service, so you will want to bring your own towel and toiletries.
Monday – Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Friday 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Hours will vary on holidays and breaks.
Faculty, staff and students must spray and wipe down workout equipment after using to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Spray bottles and towels are provided on the different pieces of equipment. If a spray bottle is empty or a towel is missing, please contact the Suttle Wellness Center staff and they will provide what is needed.
Checking Out Equipment
Faculty, staff and students may check out sports equipment and board games from the front desk staff. Basketballs, racquetball equipment, tennis equipment, weight lifting belts, ping pong paddles, pool sticks, air hockey equipment, foosball equipment, and disc golf equipment are available for checkout. To check out equipment you must leave your University ID card with the front desk staff. Your ID card will be returned once you return the equipment.