About the Graduate Resident Director
As a crucial member of the residence hall program, the Graduate Resident Director reports directly to the Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Education. The GRD is a graduate student who lives on campus and is responsible for the daily operations of a campus residential facility with anywhere from 50 to 140 residents. This is a live-in position with direct in-hall responsibilities and specific "on-call" requirements.
The GRD supervises 2-6 Resident Advisors. The main priority of the GRD position is assisting residents in their individual development by serving as a resource and referral source. The GRD is also responsible for staff and building administration, facility issues, behavioral standards, and supervising functions performed in conjunction with the Resident Advisors within the residential facility.
Fall Time Line
October 18, 2013 - Graduate Resident Director applications are due.
October 31, 2013 and November 1, 2013 - Graduate Resident Director interviews will be held.
Spring Time Line
March 7, 2014 - Graduate Resident Director applications are due.
April 3 - 4, 2014 - Graduate Resident Director interviews will be held.
- Full-time graduate student
- Required to maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 during employment
- No Code of Conduct Violations where you were found responsible during the current academic year
- 20 hours a week
- There is no application deadline. Housing and Residence Education will be happy to receive an application at any time. You may pick up an application in Suttle Hall or download it here.
- $6,000 stipend paid in 10 monthly installments
- Meal plan
- Parking permit
- Furnished housing
- Support for professional development opportunities within the field of Higher Education
For More Information
- Please contact Housing and Residence Education at (704)-406-4300 or via email