About the Resident Advisor
As a part-time Housing & Residence Education member, the Resident Advisor is an administrative component of the Student Development Staff at Gardner-Webb University who reports to the Graduate Resident Director (GRD) and Assistant Director of Housing & Residence Education.The RA is an undergraduate student who lives on the floor with approximately 30 students.
The RA is responsible for implementing the goals of the Housing & Residence Education program and for maintaining a living unit which is conducive to the pursuit of academic achievement. The RA's major responsibilities include assisting individual students, maintaining, community behavioral standards, providing educational programs, and completing various administrative duties. The RA is one of the most important resources at the University.
The position is viewed also as an educational opportunity for those students selected.
Fall Time Line
November 1, 2013 - Resident Advisor applications are due.
November 7 - 8, 2013 - Resident Advisor interviews will be held.
Spring Time Line
February 7, 2014 - Resident Advisor applications are due.
February 22, 2013 - Resident Advisor selection carousel. (RA Carousel will be held from 8am-5pm. Applicants must attend this even in order to be considered an RA position.)
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.50
- No Code of Conduct Violations where you are found responsible during the current academic year
- Lived on a college campus for at least one semester
- First time freshmen may apply but will not be accepted until GPA has been confirmed.
- 20 hours a week
- There is no application deadline. Housing and Residence Education will be happy to receive an application at any time. You may pick up an application in Suttle Hall or download it here.
For More Information
- Please contact Housing and Resience Education at (704)-406-4300 or via email