The deadlines for placing textbook orders for the 2015/2016 terms are:
2015 Summer Semester: Friday, March 6th
2015 Fall Semester: Friday, March 20th
2016 Spring Semester: Friday, October 9th
2016 Summer Semester: Friday, March 4th
2016 Fall Semester: Friday, March 18th
Please contact Travis Nanney at 704-406-3958 or firstname.lastname@example.org if any of the following occur:
- Due date cannot be met
- Enrollment changes
- Course cancellations
- Textbook information changes
Delivery of certain textbooks can take up to six weeks. Late textbook requests may further delay shipment due to out of stock conditions at the publishing company.
Please use the textbook form via WebbConnect:
- Log in to WebbConnect
- Click on Employee or Manage Classes
- Click on Make a Textbook Request
We realize that departments have different procedures concerning who can place orders for classes. Please contact your department if you are unsure of its procedures.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires College/University Bookstores to make all text information easily available for students in a timely manner. Also, the importance of on-time adoptions is crucial to the success of the textbook buyback program for the students. If a book used in the current semester is not re-adopted for the upcoming semester, then the bookstore does not buy it back. Unfortunately, many titles that arrive on late adoptions have been used before but because the bookstore did not know, they were unable to be bought back.
On-time adoptions also enable the bookstore to comb the used book market early on, thus finding more used books to purchase from our wholesale vendors. This is another way to pass on savings to our students.
***No text required courses ***
The bookstore needs to be informed each semester that a particular class will not require any materials be stocked. The Higher Education Reauthorization Act requires us to maintain a record of the adoption info for each course.
How you can help save students money?
Students can save 25% on used textbooks. By turning in your book requests on or before the due date, we are able to obtain used books through textbook wholesalers and our buyback program. Late book requests do not allow the option of used books.
If you request a textbook with an ISBN that will contain a "free" study aid, chances are that we cannot obtain used copies. If these items are not a requirement for your class please let us know when you place your order. Not only can the students not buy used books if there is a free supplement included, but they cannot sell this book back at the end of the semester (losing them money again).
Why doesn't the Campus Shop order desk copies and instructor materials?
Desk copies and instructor materials are the department's responsibility. It is a conflict of interest and the Campus Shop is not permitted to order these materials. We can however, supply any information available that you may need in order to contact the publishers or sales representatives.
Book Return/Refund Policy
- When returning new books, they must be in the same condition as when they were purchased. This means/includes but is not limited to NO: visible damage, writing or marks, highlighting, no opened software, and odor. Books purchased in shrink-wrap must still be in original wrapping.
- During the Fall & Spring semesters, purchases made during RUSH (the first 3 weeks of the start of class) must be returned within 2 weeks for a full refund.
- During the Summer semesters, purchases made during RUSH (the first 2 weeks of the start of class) must be returned within 2 weeks for a full refund. Any purchases made after RUSH must be returned within 2 business days to receive a full refund.
- No refunds without receipt. (If you ordered online and do not have an official receipt please print off online order)
- Textbooks purchased the last week of class or during exam week are not eligible for a refund.
- Cash refunds over $100 will be issued in the form of a check, please allow 2 weeks to receive payment.
- Purchases made by check must wait 10 business days from purchase date before a refund can be issued, please allow an additional 2 weeks to receive a check refund.
- All Gift Cards are non-refundable.
Returning a book ordered online
You must meet all of the above requirements and complete the Return Authorization form in order to return textbook(s). A return authorization number will be emailed to you with instructions on how to return your textbooks. Please allow 3 business days for a response.
You may return a book by coming to the Campus Shop without having to get prior authorization, although the same requirements need to be met in order to get a full refund.