On behalf of the entire Gardner-Webb University community, we would like to congratulate you on your decision to call GWU HOME! You are embarking on a journey that will offer you amazing opportunities of growth – academically, spiritually and socially. We are excited to have you as a RUNNIN’ BULLDOG!
Enrolling in a college or university can be a pretty intimidating experience, especially when there are so many thing you need to know. DON’T WORRY! We understand and are here to help you make a smooth transition.
o-ri-en-ta-tion (noun): introductory session – a meeting or series of events at which introductory information or training is provided to somebody embarking on something new
From the definition above, the primary purpose of New Student Orientation is to provide a basic introduction to college life and offer resources for the challenges you may encounter. We have designed our New Student Orientation to take place beginning the day you move in and continue through your first day of classes. We have sessions, events and activities that you are will be required to attend.
- To get the most out of your Orientation Sessions, make sure you have completed all the forms, academic testing and other necessary appointments before you arrive to campus. Be sure to click all the links on this page to learn about dining during orientation, check out the schedule and click on the video to get a glimpse of what New Student Orientation will look like from last year’s viewpoint.
- Register for your New Student Orientation by clicking the “Registration” link on the right side of this page. Join the Gardner-Webb Student Activities FACEBOOK page as well as download the Gardner-Webb Student Life app from your app store. Each social media outlet will keep you informed of what’s happening on campus.
- All students will be assessed a $125 New Student Orientation fee on their student account whether or not they choose to participate. Each session and activity is designed to help you transition to the Gardner-Webb life. The fee will cover your orientation materials, meals before the meal plan begins, as well as specific student activities and events throughout the week.
- First Year New Students – REQUIRED Move-In/New Student Orientation – Friday, August 14, 2015
- New Transfer Students – REQUIRED Move-In/Orientation Session – Monday, August 17, 2015
Enjoy your summer vacation and we will see you at New Student Orientation in August! Questions or concerns, contact the Orientation Office at 704.406.4732 or email@example.com.