Listed below are summaries of the responsibilities of positions available at Gardner-Webb University. These are summaries only and are not job descriptions. Unless otherwise noted, positions are open until filled. To find out more about the vacancies, please contact either Scott White, Director of Human Resources, or Frances Sizemore, Associate Director of Human Resources.
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, sex, national origin, veteran status, handicap, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, residential, private institution with a strong emphasis in the Liberal Arts, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. The university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs to approximately 4,000 students. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values.See All Faculty Positions See All Staff Positions
The Gardner-Webb University Physician Assistant (PA) Studies program requests applications from qualified individuals for a full time Director of Clinical Education (DCE) position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The position is at the Assistant Professor level (or higher) commensurate with experience and scholarly activity. The faculty member will be part of a team of seven faculty members, adjunct faculty, as well as four full-time administrative support staff plus two part-time administrative support staff. This is a full-time (12-month) faculty appointment with administrative release time.
The PA program at Gardner-Webb University is a provisionally accredited master’s degree program with our third provisional site visit scheduled this year. The program is ARC-PA accredited for 36 students per class. The PA program is part of the College of Health Sciences and housed within a brand new, state-of-the-art facility including virtual cadaver lab, standardized patient lab, robotics lab and more. Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and whole-heartedly support Christian values. The area offers easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg, the mountains and the beach as well as airports with national and international destinations.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Candidates must possess a terminal degree in their field. PAs must be eligible for licensure in North Carolina, currently certified by the NCCPA, and have a minimum of a master’s degree. Physicians must hold a license to practice medicine within the State of North Carolina and hold board certification.
- Previous teaching experience in a PA program as a core faculty member is preferred but not required.
- Previous clinical experience as a PA or physician within your field of study is necessary.
- Strong organizational, communication, teaching, and leadership skills are necessary.
- Provide oversight of the clinical curriculum and coordinating of all supervised clinical practice experiences (SCPEs).
- Maintain and develop supervised clinical sites in collaboration with the clinical team including clinical support staff.
- Monitor effectiveness of supervised clinical instruction and maintain accurate records and reports through program databases and software.
- Maintain compliance with ARC-PA Standards.
- Prepare and deliver assigned courses, including course syllabus and instructional objectives of clerkship year courses and other didactic instruction as assigned.
- Evaluation of student performance in assigned courses.
- Promote student success through identification of students who are not achieving course or program objectives and contribute to a remediation plan.
- Assist other instructional faculty members in the successful delivery of didactic courses.
- Participate in program and institutional committees.
- Contribute to the program recruitment and admissions process.
- Participate in program evaluation and development and accreditation maintenance.
- Engage in other activities as determined by the Physician Assistant Program Director.
- Involvement in the activities of regional, state and national organizations concerned with promoting a positive image of the PA concept.
Application and Contacts:
Gardner-Webb University offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits including tuition remission and retirement plan. For consideration, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy and goals to:
Dean Lawrence Herman
Physician Assistant Studies Program
PO Box 7252
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Phone: (704) 406-2017
Gardner-Webb University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Gardner-Webb University is seeking qualified candidates for an adjunct position in Computer Science. Applicants should have a graduate degree with at least 18 hours in graduate-level computer science courses. Teaching responsibilities include 1 – 2 three-hour courses per semester in introductory programming courses and possibly other computer science courses, according to the applicant’s expertise.
Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values. The university is committed to education in a liberal arts context, offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts and sciences and in professional and pre-professional fields, and provides an extensive degree-completion program for non-traditional students in a number of off-campus centers.
The university desires to fill the position no later than November 30, 2016 for the Spring 2017 semester. Salary is based on qualification and experience and is competitive with institutions of similar size and purpose. Screening of applicants will begin November 1, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application, résumé, an electronic copy of transcripts, a brief statement of teaching philosophy, and a list of three references to: Mrs. Tammy Hoyle, Chair, Department of Mathematical Sciences via e-mail at email@example.com.