On-Campus Employment

As an international student you are allowed by the Department of Homeland Security to work 20 hours per week on-campus. Gardner-Webb University requires anyone who works on-campus to have a social security card for accounting purposes. Once a student receives a social security card they must have this information registered with the University in order to receive a paycheck.


As an employee a student must complete an I-9 form by the first day of work. If this is new employment, Gardner-Webb University is required to verify the student’s social security number.


For any questions about Social Security, Taxes, Tax Treaties or On-Campus Employment contact the Office of International Programs (OIP).