- In the event someone has a medical emergency, remain calm and call 911 then 4444 or use an Emergency Call Box to report the incident.
- Do not move the victim unless he or she is in danger.
- If you are trained to provide first aid, use pressure to stop bleeding and provide basic life support (CPR).
- Comfort the patient and assure him/her that medical assistance is on the way.
- Do not jeopardize your health or the health of the patient. Wait for professional help if you are not able to provide proper first aid safely.
- If you provide first aid, consider if immediate action is required to save a life and if you will put yourself in jeopardy if you do.
- Be aware of hazards associated with blood-borne pathogens. If you come in contact with suspected infectious material, wash the exposed area thoroughly with soap and water and seek medical attention.
- Cleveland County EMS (Based @ Town Hall) has an advanced life-support ambulance available 24 hours a day.
- When calling in an emergency it is very important that you give your name and the name of the building you are located in to insure first responders can locate the medical emergency.