Gaming Console Access
If you are planning on having your favorite console connected online you must register it online using the Media Access Control (MAC) address associated with your device. Below are instructions for finding your MAC address. Write this down to use when registering your device on campus.
Registering for a Gaming Console
If you have a gaming console, it will need to be registered in Bradford the first time you use it. To do this, from your laptop, browse to http://gwumanage.gardner-webb.edu/registration/ and click on the option for registering a gaming device. You will need the MAC/physical address of the gaming console, which can usually be found in the “Network Settings” on the console.
- Make sure you have installed Xbox Live functionality using the Xbox Live DVD that came with your Xbox.
- Unplug the network cable from the Xbox.
- Turn on the Xbox console with out any disk in the disk tray.
- Open the Xbox Live option from the Xbox Dashboard.
- You should receive a "Could not connect to Xbox Live" error. Select Settings from the Connect Status screen and then select Network Settings.
- The 12-digit number in the lower right corner of the menu will be your MAC Address.
Microsoft Xbox 360
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
- Load the Start-up CD in your PS2.
- Make sure you have the network cable disconnected.
- Walk through the Start-Up CD until it starts testing your connection. Since we disconnected the network cable the test will fail.
- You can now press the select button which will display the MAC.
- The 12-digit number will be your MAC Address.
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without any disc in the drive.
- Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select Settings.
- Once you are in Settings select Network Settings.
- When the Network Settings list appears, select the first option which is titled Settings and Connection Status List.
- The physical address will be listed under MAC Address.
- From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Internet," then "Console Settings."
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
- Remove the GameCube's broadband adapter from the console.
- Printed on the underside of the adaptor is a MAC address.
- Tivo Mac address is on a label affixed to the network adapter (a separate piece).