Mobile Phone Changes
On October 10, Microsoft is making a server change to our email accounts. Email addresses will not be affected. If you are currently receiving email on a mobile device (i.e., smart phone, tablet, etc.), you will need to reconfigure the incoming mail server to continue receiving email messages. For your GWU email account on your mobile device, please update the incoming server to m.outlook.com. We suggest that you make this change immediately to avoid possible interruption to email on your mobile device on Thursday, October 10. Your email will continue to work if you make the change now.
For Android phones and tablets:
- Open your GWU email account
- Choose Setting from the Menu key
- Choose your Gardner-Webb email address
- Go to server settings or exchange server settings (depending on phone type)
- Choose Incoming settings or exchange server (depending on phone type)
- Change the server to m.outlook.com
- Click done when finished
Note: Steps on your specific phone may vary slightly from those listed above.
For iOS phones and tablets:
- Go to setting
- Mail, Contact, Calendars
- Select your GWU email account
- Tap the account name
- Change the server name to m.outlook.com
- This will auto detect the server for your email account
If you need assistance after attempting the steps above, please contact Technology Services at email@example.com or (704) 406-4647.