- Immunization Information
- Veterans' Benefits
- Transfer Credit
- Transfer Credit Request Form
- Privacy (FERPA)
- Graduation Information
- Important Information for Graduation
- Applying for Graduation
- Letter from the Provost
- Baccalaureate Service Invitation
- Commencement Instructions
- Important Graduation Details
- Cap and Gown Information
- Graduating Student Lists
- Request to be Excused from Commencement
- Tuition and Fees
- Faculty and Staff
- Recent Graduates
Cap and Gown Information
The Graduation fee does not cover the purchase of your cap and gown; you are responsible to pay Jostens directly. ** Jostens requires that you pay them directly for your cap and gown when you place your order. If you have a question about whether your order was received, or about the status of your order contact Jostens at 1-800-854-7464.
To order your Cap and Gown:
- Order from the Jostens website at shop.jostens.com. **Jostens requires your payment at the time of the order.**
- For all graduation candidates except for doctoral candidates: Order your Cap and Gown according to your size and degree. All graduates will wear black tassels. Do not order a hood. The hood will be given to you at graduation.
Your GWU account charged as follows for the hood:
- Associate of Arts - No charge
- Bachelor Degree (all programs) - $24
- Master Degree (all programs) - $28
Doctoral candidates: Order your Cap, Gown, and hood according to your size and degree.
IMPORTANT: You will need to place your name inside of the hood and deliver the hood to a representative of the Registrar’s Office prior to the commencement. All graduates will wear black tassels.
- Doctor of Ministry: Red
- Doctor of Education: Light Blue
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Apricot