RN to BSN
The Davis Nursing Program at Gardner-Webb University, a degree completion program offered through the GOAL Program, is an RN to BSN program designed to allow registered nurses to achieve their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The RN to BSN program prepares registered nurses to practice professional nursing in a variety of settings and provides the foundation for graduate study in nursing. The Davis Nursing Program for RN students is offered online through the Blackboard Learning Program and face-to-face on the Boiling Springs campus. The length of time required to complete the RN to BSN Program varies for each individual due to differences in educational backgrounds.
The mission of the School of Nursing is to enhance the health status of the global community by preparing individuals to practice holistic and professional nursing through the provision of student centered programs of study for a diverse population of students that promote academic excellence within a Christian, private, liberal arts setting utilizing teamwork and community engagement.
- Establish a liberal arts education environment based on Christian values fostering academic excellence, integrity, and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Provide student-centered programs of study based on current national competencies of nursing practice to meet the global health care needs of individuals, groups, and communities in which holistic nursing practice, Christian caring, critical thinking, and professionalism are modeled.
- Engage in partnerships with community health care facilities in the provisions of service learning opportunities for students that include patient-centered care, evidence-based practice, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Graduate a diverse population of students who are prepared to practice patient-centered nursing care that is culturally competent, holistic, and professional within the context of a global environment in a manner that influences nursing and health care policy and practice.
- Meet educational needs of eligible students holding valid license to practice as a registered nurse who desire to pursue baccalaureate nursing education at a small, private, liberal arts, Christian university.
- Improve quality of life and health care delivery for the surrounding and global community through education of professional registered nurses.
- Graduate no less than 85 percent of students entering the program.
- Maintain continuing accreditation by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- Graduate students who:
- Practice professional nursing that reflects the Educational Outcomes of the program.
- Express satisfaction with their program of learning.
- Advance their employment in nursing.
- Demonstrate satisfactory professional nursing practice to their employers
- Continue professional development activities.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Utilize research methodology in the provision of evidence-based practice to individuals, families, and populations in a variety of settings.
- Establish partnerships with interdisciplinary teams to meet health needs of clients in a diverse society.
- Incorporate professional values and ethical, moral, and legal aspects of health care into their nursing practice.
- Employ knowledge of the political system in providing direct and indirect care to clients.
- Apply theoretical underpinnings to their nursing practice and research.
- Assume personal responsibility and accountability for professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership theory and practice.
- Be prepared to continue their education to achieve graduate education.
Registered Nurses holding Baccalaureate Degrees may advance in their careers to become Nurse Managers, Nurse Educators, School Nurses, or Community Health Nurses.
For more program information, please refer to the GOAL Program Catalog.
Goal Admissions Office
P.O. Box 1896
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Phone: (704) 406-4625
Registered Nurses with a Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline are eligible for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. Please contact:
P.O. Box 7256
Boiling Springs, NC 28017