Children's Ministry Positions
Minister of Children and Families
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church, Jefferson, Ga., located between Athens and Gainesville off Hwy. 129 and three miles off I-85, is seeking a minister of children and families. FBC is dually aligned with the CBF and the SBC and adheres to the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message. Our church has both traditional and contemporary services of worship. The ideal candidate will be a seminary graduate or have a degree related to the Christian education of children and families, and have some ministry experience. This candidate should be called to ministry as a Christian vocation, to children’s and family ministry as a primary calling, and be able to affirm FBC’s mission, vision and values. A job description is posted at www.fbcjefferson.org .
Submit résumés to:
Fred Gurley, Personnel Committee Chairman
First Baptist Church
81 Institute Street
Jefferson, GA 30549
Associate Pastor, Student Minister and Children's Minister
First Baptist Church
First Baptist, Butner, NC, is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor. This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating the activities of the children and youth of the church. The associate will preach at least once every two months in addition to when the pastor is away. This person will maintain a regular schedule in the office, being available during the pastor’s scheduled time off, and will also help provide pastoral care. This person will be a professing Christian, called to full-time Christian service who has chosen the Baptist denomination, and one who will fit within the theological ideologies (1963 BF&M, Cooperative Baptist Fellowship) of the membership and the pastor. A Master of Divinity degree is preferred, though a Divinity School student will be considered.
To apply for, or to request a copy of job description, email the Personnel Committee at email@example.com.
If applying, please send a complete resumé by email or mail to:
First Baptist Church
P.O. Box 44
Butner, NC 27509
Resumés must be received by 4:00 p.m. July 20, 2015.
Minister/Director of Youth and Children
Macedonia Baptist Church
Macedonia Baptist Church in Lincolnton, NC is presently in search of a full-time Minister/Director of Youth and Children. Candidates should be called to youth and children’s ministry, have a desire to build relationships with students and their families and have a passion to reach and disciple youth and children.
Resumes may be mailed to:
Dr. Randy Setzer c/o Macedonia Baptist Church
5286 E. Hwy 150
Lincolnton, NC 28092
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be received through May 31, 2015.
Children’s Ministry Director
Independence Hill Baptist Church
The Children’s Ministry Director at Independence Hill Baptist Church serves and works with the Children’s Ministry Team to ignite a passion to follow Jesus in the lives of children. The Director is responsible for the strategic planning, tactical coordination, and oversight of children’s programs and processes as related to Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, Vacation Bible School, summer activities/camps, and/or special events.
If interested submit a resumé to email@example.com
Christiana Lutheran Church
Christiana Lutheran Church is seeking a high energy goal oriented Youth Director who supports our mission to spread the good news of Jesus Christ for the salvation of all people through: education, worship and service to others, in and through our youth. Leading and growing the youth in our congregation though faith and discipleship.
The Youth Director is a part-time position with potential to become a full-time position responsible for planning and implementing Christiana’s youth programs and includes every group from elementary school children through college age young adults.
The goal of the Youth Director is to provide spiritual, educational and social direction and opportunities to help our youth:
- Grow in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Serve Christ by serving others.
- Share the good news of Jesus with others.
- Strengthen their commitment to the church.
Will organize and lead portions of worship service(s).
For a detailed list of job responsibilities reporting structure, and salary range, please refer to the Christiana Lutheran Church, NALC web site (www.christianaelc.org/). Applications for this position and instructions for applying for this capacity are also located at this site under the topic of “Youth Director”. Please provide an electronic copy of your resume along with the application.
East Maiden Baptist Church
East Maiden Baptist Church, Maiden, NC seeks Associate Minister with a heart for the whole church, whose primary focus will be Youth and Children. Candidate should relate well with students, help them grow as Christians, and also reach new students. Some pastoral skills, such as preaching and visitation are welcomed. East Maiden Baptist Church typically has 170-190 in worship, with strong age-graded and missions ministries.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children’s Ministries
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church - Mooresville is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries. The preferred candidate will have, or be working on, a master’s degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school and experience working with children or in Christian education. This position is responsible for developing, promoting, and implementing programs to further the spiritual growth of children (birth to 6th grade) through Bible study, missions, and fellowship within FBCM and its communities. FBCM implements its ministries and missions through its vision of FEED: Focus on Worship and the Word, Educate, Equip and Disciple.
If interested send resumes to email@example.com or call 704-664-2324 with questions.
Part-time Children’s Minister
Bethlehem Baptist Church
Bethlehem Baptist Church in Taylorsville, NC is seeking a Children's Minister to lead the children's ministry program with the goal of helping children and their families grow in Christ's likeness.
Areas of Responsibility:
- to have a genuine love for and a calling to love, lead, and nurture young children
- to work with parents and/or guardians of children to develop healthy parenting skills and to help their children grow in Christ's likeness
- to assist with the choice of children's curriculum
- to collaborate with the Pastor, Children's Council, and lay leadership to plan, coordinate, and participate in Children's Ministry programs and activities including Sunday morning Children's Church, and Wednesday evening activities
- to develop a strong relationship with the area elementary schools
- to attend staff meetings as directed by the senior pastor
- to work closely with the youth minister, the children's council, and the VBS director to create a calendar of activities and events
- to have a CDL, class C driver's license (or to obtain said license within the first year of employment)
- to have an appropriate college or associate's degree
- to plan, coordinate, and attend a summer camp for school age children
- to demonstrate financial obedience to God’s word by being a consistent tither
- to participate in continuing education and growth opportunities in order to stay current with methods and trends
If interested please contact Mollie Lail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Pastor of Youth and Families
Drexel First Baptist Church
This individual will be responsible for planning, promoting and following to completion a comprehensive Christ-centered program for Drexel First Baptist. The individual will coordinate with other officers, ministries, committees and organizations as their activities relate or impact upon educational and training programs of the church.
On a full-time basis, this individual will also work closely with the senior pastor, providing assistance in all areas of pastoral care. Duties will include, but are not limited to; making arrangements for youth activities including Bible study, advisor to the Youth Council and guide them in planning and implementation of the youth ministry, seeking to incorporate the plans and the efforts of the Sunday school and mission organizations into the overall youth program. Plan and implement relevant activities for the church families, organize outreach and serve as a resource person. Advise teachers, other workers in educational positions, and work with children’s ministry committee to plan events.
Resumés may be sent to: email@example.com
Minister of Children
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Clayton, N.C., prayerfully seeks an individual to lead our congregation’s children in their walk with our Savior. The primary responsibility of the children’s minister is to plan and coordinate a comprehensive program for the preschool and children’s ministry of the church. The program should undergird the spiritual, emotional, and social development of the children as it relates to their becoming and growing as Christians. The position reports directly to the pastor and works closely with parents and volunteers in carrying out the duties of this position.
The position also supervises the director of the child development center, which is a full-day preschool for children ages birth through four years old. Interested persons should send a letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
2348 Stephanie Ln.
Clayton NC 27520
Part-time Director of Children’s Ministry
Overbrook Presbyterian Church
With the Lord’s help Overbrook is pursuing a part-time director of children’s ministry who will come alongside our parents to raise our covenant children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. This position will require 10 hours of work a week.
- Organize and provide leadership for Sunday School classes.
- Organize and train Sunday morning nursery volunteers.
- Lead Wednesday night children’s bible study.
- Organize and lead an annual VBS.
- Organize and lead quarterly outings with children.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to train children in the Christian faith, and a heart to reach the lost with the good news of salvation in Christ. This candidate will be familiar with the Reformed Presbyterian faith and will seek to train our covenant children in accordance with the word of God and the doctrines of the Westminster Confession of Faith. This candidate will see their job as preparing children for a life of worship in the church and in the world.
All candidates should have some experience in children’s ministry and recommendations from your current pastor and Christian brothers or sisters.
All interested parties please send resumes to Rev. David Weber at email@example.com
Associate Pastor / Minister of Families
The Memorial Baptist Church
The Memorial Baptist Church of Greenville, NC, a Baptist congregation ministering to the community for 187 years, invites applications for a full-time Associate Pastor/ Minister of Families. TMBC is CBF affiliated and is located approximately 2 miles from East Carolina University. Primary responsibilities include ministering to youth, children, and their families as well as other ministry opportunities that may arise. Minimum education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s preferred or working toward.
Please send resumes to:
1512 Greenville Blvd, SE
Greenville, NC 27858
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of resumes will begin immediately
Minister to Children and Families
Millbrook Baptist Church
Millbrook Baptist Church is seeking a part time Minister to Children and Families. The desired candidate will have (or be working on) a master’s degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school, experience working with children in Christian education and/or weekday early education. This person will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive programs for children, be a liason for our PreSchool program and provide pastoral care to children and their families.
Send resume to PersonnelCom@millbrookbaptistchurch.org or mail to:
Personnel Committee, Millbrook Baptist Church
1519 E. Millbrook Road
Lattimore Baptist Church
Lattimore Baptist church is looking for a Children’s Minister to:
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly children’s Bible study. (Sunday afternoons for 1 Hour)
- Plan, promote, recruit volunteers, and lead monthly children’s activity.
- Plan, Recruit volunteers, teach and/or supervise weekly children’s church lessons during the last half hour of Sunday Morning Worship time, for children ages 4-7.
- Plan and share a weekly children’s chat during the Sunday Morning Worship Time for children, lasting 3-5 minutes.
- Plan and lead efforts for outreach to children and families inside and outside the church.
- Plan and organize summer camp for children in grades 2-6. (must have completed the first grade)
- Help plan and assist with Vacation Bible School.
Interested persons should email Pastor Court Greene at email@example.com
Associate Pastor for Music and Children
First Baptist Church
The Associate Pastor for Music and Children develops the ministries of worship, music, and children. This ministry helps the church fulfill its God-given mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in music and ministry
- Seminary degree (M.Div., M.C.M, or M.A.C.E.)
- 3-5 years of congregational ministerial experience
- Maturing Christian faith
- Well organized; gifts of administration
- Assist the Pastor with pastoral care needs, with a focus on individuals associated with music and children’s ministries.
- Design and facilitate services of worship in consultation with the Pastor.
- In consultation with the Children’s Ministry Council, design and maintain a comprehensive ministry of faith formation to children and their families.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer staff associated with the music ministry to include directors and accompanists.
- Direct the adult choir.
- Enlist, equip, empower, and enable leadership for additional choirs toward a fully graded choir ministry.
- Manage equipment, instruments, and music for worship/music ministry.
- Serve as staff liaison to worship, music, and children’s ministry related committees.
- Present an annual budget for all relevant ministry areas.
- Assist with the planning and conducting of weddings and funerals as needed.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon with the Pastor.
If interested please contact Pastor Rick Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children and Youth
Fairfield Mountains Chapel
Lake Lure, NC
Fairfield Mountains Chapel is seeking a male or female or a couple to direct a program of ministry to children and youth. Ours is a multi-denominational "Community" church with a total membership around 450, with an average attendance of about half that many.
If interested please contact:
Fairfield Mountains Chapel
1384 Buffalo Creek Road
Lake Lure, NC 28746
Or email to: email@example.com