- Financial Aid
- Academic Program
- Academic Regulations
- Academic Advising
- Christian Life and Service
- Dover Memorial Library
- NOEL Program for the Disabled
- Service Learning
- Student Development
- Undergraduate Research
- University Writing Center
- Courses of Instruction
- Complete List
- Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
- First Year Programs
- University Honors Program
- Broyhill Undergraduate School of Management
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Complete List
- School of Performing and Visual Arts
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Department of Physical Education, Wellness, and Sport Studies
- Department of Religious Studies and Philosophy
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- College of Health Sciences
- School of Psychology and Counseling
- School of Education
- Directory and Appendices
- Catalog Index
Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
Master Sergeant DeVaughn, Assistant Professor of Military Science
(704) 406-2112 (Fax)
Gardner-Webb offers Army ROTC in cooperation with the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Military science coursework is offered on the Gardner-Webb campus and there are no additional tuition charges for those participating in this program. ROTC provides world class leadership training opportunities applicable in corporate, executive, and government leadership positions. There are no military obligations for non-contracted students.
Prospective Gardner-Webb students may apply for an Army ROTC Scholarship, which will cover all of the recipient’s tuition and fees. In addition, Gardner-Webb University waives room and board charges for recipients of ROTC Scholarships. Other benefits also accrue to those attending Gardner-Webb on ROTC Scholarships, including monthly stipends and book allotments. Those interested should contact the Admissions Office at Gardner-Webb (704)406-4496, or the Gardner-Webb ROTC Office at (704) 406-4427. Students may elect to receive a minor in military science.
- To provide quality instruction and training that emphasizes and strengthens leadership, management and organizational skills.
- To provide quality instruction and training that develops and strengthens critical thinking, enhances problem solving skills and fosters teamwork.
- To promote and develop good written and oral communication skills.
- To instill and foster the army values that support teamwork, loyalty, respect and commitment.
MINOR FIELD OF STUDY DETAIL
MSCI 311, 311L, 312, 312L, 330, 411, 411L, 412 (18 hours)