COORDINATOR: DR. STEPHEN LAWS
The Educational Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) in Executive Leadership at Gardner-Webb University is designed for potential and practicing educational leaders who aspire to develop and refine their leadership skills in complex organizations especially at the central office level. The Educational Specialist Degree program aims to equip candidates with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and beliefs that will enable them to function effectively as leaders in complex and dynamic educational environments. The Gardner-Webb University Executive Leadership Program utilizes a non-traditional approach to curriculum design and implementation with the incorporation of integrated modules as opposed to individual courses. The program's vision is to provide a response to the ever-changing economic, political, social, and technological environments present in today's schools that are not isolated entities.
- To engage candidates to critical analysis of educational theory and practice;
- To engage candidates in disciplined inquiry in the field of education;
- To prepare candidates for making contributions to educational theory and practice;
- To prepare candidates to become leaders in educational institutions; and
- To meet proficiency levels in licensure requirements.
ESEL 611: Executive Leadership at the District Level 6 SH
ESEL 612: Fiscal Management and Leadership 6 SH
ESEL 613: Research Methods and Program Evaluation 6 SH
ESEL 614: Policy Analysis in Executive Leadership 6 SH
ESEL 615: Leading Change for Educational Transformation 6 SH
ESEL 616: Organizational Communications and Technology Systems 6 SH
ESEL 697: Six hours of Internship 6 SH